Wednesday 15 June 2011

First impressions India

A beautiful girl told me just the other day, 'Once you enter India, India enters you'. It's been twenty years but I've finally returned, and the closer I got to the border the more I could feel her. I like this place, it has an energy which Nepal was lacking and while I thoroughly enjoyed my time there; I already know this is going to be different.

I've just arrived in Almora after an eight hour bus journey, a twenty hour journey the day before and a seven hour journey two days before that. Since I arrived here I've been buzzing and it's most likely because I'm beyond tired, but I'm putting it down a little to India's energy working on me and also the fact it's a full moon today. I'm thinking of spending a couple of days here before heading to the Valley of Flowers and then walking barefoot up some mountain I forget the name of with pilgrims

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment